The information we collectPersonal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable. The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your credit card or other payment details (through our third party payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us, including through feedback, customer surveys or otherwise;
- details of services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- support requests submitted to us and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
How we collect personal informationWe collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, or over the telephone.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal informationWe may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services, including to provide you with a login;
- to provide our Services to you, including to allow you to browse information about local food businesses, book a table or place an order with a local food business;
- to enable you to access and use our associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you about our Services, including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our services and other information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Our disclosures of personal information to third partiesWe may disclose personal information to:
- restaurants where you order food from them or make a booking with them through our platform;
- our online ordering and delivery system providers OrderUp and DoorDashDrive;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services to us, including (without limitation), IT service providers, data storage, customer relationship management providers, web-hosting and server providers, email marketing providers such as MailChimp, debt collectors, couriers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time) and Facebook Pixel; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Google Analytics: We have enabled Google Analytics Advertising Features including Remarketing Features, Advertising Reporting Features, Demographics and Interest Reports, Store Visits, Google Display Network Impression reporting etc. We and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features including using a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser add-on found here. To opt-out of personalised ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager here or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here. To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device: On android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings. On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device.
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information. If we cannot provide access to your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal. If we can provide access to your information in another form that still meets your needs, then we will take reasonable steps to give you such access.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information. If we cannot correct your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint.
Storage and securityWe are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
Veats Pty Ltd ABN 15 649 438 442
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 3 March 2022
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd