Make health and wellness a priority in 2023 and beyond!
It’s easy to get started with our VEats Health & Wellness Guide 2023. Make a decision to eat healthier, exercise, reduce stress, sleep better and have fun! * And, to get you started, we’ve put together a great list of resources to help you with your goals.
Whether you want to start your 2023 with a vegan diet and start eating delicious vegan food, want to learn the benefits of lifestyle change, or you want more fun and adventure and want to explore Australia’s amazing vegan-friendly restaurants, don’t forget to share the benefits of an active lifestyle with your friends and family!
Make it priority in 2023 to focus on your physical and mental health!
Australian Restaurants that Support Veganuary
Physical Health & Exercise
Get Active & Feel Better
Start your 2023 resolutions with movement and exercise.* Good exercise is a great way to feel better and improve your health. Check out this information below and learn how simple changes can improve your health. And, then visit our vegan guides to help you live a plant-based lifestyle!
- Stretching: Focus on flexibility
The Mayo Clinic, in their Health Information section on their website, states “…research has shown that stretching can help improve flexibility, and, as a result, the range of motion of your joints.” and furthermore states how better flexibility may improve performance in physical activities, help joints move through their full range of motion, increase muscle blood flow, improve your ability to do daily activities and more.
- Walking: Trim your waistline, improve your health
The Mayo Clinic also has a great section on stretching and states “Physical activity doesn’t need to be complicated. Something as simple as a daily brisk walk can help you live a healthier life.” and further states how brisk walking can help maintain a healthy weight and lose body fat, prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer and type 2 diabetes and much more.
- 5 ways to regain control of your physical health
Nuffield Health, on their website, states “Being active can improve your physical wellbeing, and can also help you maintain a healthy immune system and a healthy mind.” and provides suggestions to get moving, build your strength, hydrate, eat healthily, and even improve your sleep.
- Best Vegan Protein Powders Made in Australia
Wondering where to get protein to help build your muscles? Our vegan protein powder guide features Australian plant-based protein powders that can assist you with your fitness goals.
Mental Health & Stress Reduction
Meditation, good sleep, and laughter help reduce stress
2023 is another reset. There are many ways to reduce your stress and we recommend you try them all. Learn the benefits of meditation, good sleep and even laughter. Check out this information below and start today!
- Meditation: A simple, fast way to reduce stress
The Mayo Clinic lists the benefits of meditation and states “Meditation can give you a sense of calm, peace and balance that can benefit both your emotional well-being and your overall health. You can also use it to relax and cope with stress by refocusing your attention on something calming.”
- Get Enough Sleep
The US Dept. of Health and Human Services, on their website, states “Getting enough sleep has many benefits” and mentions the benefits of getting sick less often, staying a healthy weight, lowering your risk for serious health problems, like diabetes and heart disease and more.
- Stress relief from laughter? It’s no joke
The Mayo Clinic also highlights the importance of laughter with “A good sense of humor can’t cure all ailments, but data is mounting about the positive things laughter can do.” and cites short term and long term benefits including: heart, lungs and muscles stimulation, pain relief, mood improvement and much more.
- Your Guide To Australia’s Best Vegan B&B’S, Retreats, And Getaways
Treat yourself to that getaway or retreat that you need to recharge your batteries. You deserve it!
Friendships & Support Networks
Friends can join you on your health & fitness goals
Start new habits and eliminate meat, cheese and milk
2023 is a great year to break your old dietary habits. If you are asking “What about my cheese?”, “What about my burgers?”, or ‘What about milk?”, we have guides to help you make the switch. Check these guides below as our vegan guides will help you replace all of those with plant-based products from Australian and international companies!
- The Best Vegan Meats Guide
Vegan alternatives to chicken, meat, fish, deli slices and more.
- The Best Vegan Cheese Guide
Vegan alternatives for cheese slices, melted cheese, gourmet cheese platters and more.
- The Best Plant-Based Milk Guide
Vegan alternatives for animal milk which can be used for refreshing drinks or to be used for cooking, protein shakes, and more.
Adventure & Discovery
Try new things and live with adventure. Try our Best VEats Restaurant Guides for Sydney and Melbourne.
Explore your city again! Try any of our popular vegan guides for a delicious meal at a vegan or vegan-friendly restaurant. Our guides many delicious options so bring your friends and try them all!
- The Best Healthy Vegan Eats in Sydney
- Best Vegan Fine-Dining Restaurants In Sydney
- The Best Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly Cafes in Sydney
- Best Vegan Asian Restaurants in Sydney
- Epic Vegan Pizzas to try in Sydney
- Must-Try Vegan Burgers in Sydney
- Your Guide To Sydney’s Best Vegan Cakes
Melbourne vegan food lovers, we have a guide for you too! Explore new vegan restaurants and have fun!
Don’t have much time but want to try something new? Try Vegan Meal Delivery services. They will deliver new, tasty and healthy vegan cuisine to your door.
Don’t have time to cook or run to a restaurant? We have a meal delivery guide so you can have healthy plant-based meals delivered to your house or office!
Go vegan and help improve the world
- Improve Your Physical Health and Feel Better
The Mayo Clinic, in their News Network, states “There are many reasons for following a plant-based diet, but perhaps the most common is health benefits. A plant-based diet can reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and certain types of cancer.”
- Help Reduce Climate Change and Feel Better About Doing Your Part
The United Nations states “Animal-based foods, especially red meat, dairy, and farmed shrimp, are generally associated with the highest greenhouse gas emissions’ production.”
- Feel Great Helping Save Animals
According to The Humane League UK, “It’s estimated that going vegan saves on average one animal per day (many of these being smaller animals such as fishes).” and “…That’s around 30 animals a month, 365 animals a year, and thousands of animals in a single human lifetime.”
What you can do to help make your 2023 health & wellness journey successful:
- Eat plant-based food. If you are not vegan, make it a goal to start this compassionate lifestyle. Don’t know where to start? Register for Veganuary with Animals Australia to start your free Veganuary email journey with amazing tips, recipes, health news and more. Then come back and use our VEats restaurant guides and listings to continue your vegan lifestyle to 2023 and beyond.
- Start exercising more. Consult your physician first and start an exercise routine suitable for your current health level. Exercise can improve your health at every health level.
- Reduce your stress levels. Learn to how to laugh more and have adventure. Life might be stressful at times but try to obtain some balance.
- Get better rest and sleep. Learn to wind down and reduce stress before your bedtime routines.
- Try learning new things! Learn to cook with more fresh vegetables. Eat more fruits. Try cooking some delicious vegan food with free vegan recipes online or with vegan cookbooks.
- Try new restaurants and foods: Eat delicious vegan food with your family and friends and share your fun, vegan dining experiences on your social media. Or, make new friends. Join the vegan dinners and potlucks with vegan groups that you can find online.
- A great way to feel good is by giving back and volunteering. Consider being a volunteer at animal sanctuaries and animal shelters or at organizations that help animals and the environment.
We thank you and the animals thank you!
Great Australian Brands to Try
Always consult your physician or healthcare provider before beginning any nutrition or exercise program. The information on this website is for general health information only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.