Want to go vegan in Australia and don’t know where to start? It’s easy and free to get started with Veganuary and Animals Australia. Sign up and pledge to go vegan with Veganuary and start with a 31 day journey!
And, while you are going vegan, we have vegan restaurant guides, great guides for vegan meats, vegan cheese and plant-based milks and much more.
Going vegan with your friends or family? Don’t forget to take all of your friends to Australia’s amazing vegan-friendly restaurants and show them the benefits of a compassionate lifestyle!
Take the Veganuary pledge with Animals Australia. It's 100% free and fun!
Sign up and get a free celebrity cookbook, easy meal plans, nutrition guides and more.
After you take the Veganuary pledge, see the great VEats vegan restaurant guides and spotlights below.
Australian Restaurants that Support Veganuary
Best Guides to Eliminate Meat, Cheese and Milk
- The Best Vegan Meats Guide
Vegan alternatives to chicken, meat, fish, deli slices and more.
- The Best Vegan Cheese Guide
Vegan alternatives for cheese slices, melted cheese, gourmet cheese platters and more.
- The Best Plant-Based Milk Guide
Vegan alternatives for animal milk which can be used for refreshing drinks or to be used for cooking, protein shakes, and more.
Need ideas on where to grab that great vegan meal while you are trying Veganuary? Try our Best VEats Restaurant Guides for Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne.
- Best Vegan Fine-Dining Restaurants In Sydney
- The Best Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly Cafes in Sydney
- Best Vegan Asian Restaurants in Sydney
- Epic Vegan Pizzas to try in Sydney
- Must-Try Vegan Burgers in Sydney
- Your Guide To Sydney’s Best Vegan Cakes
- Melbourne’s Best Vegan Pizza Guide
- Best Vegan Burgers in Melbourne
- The Best Vegan Breakfast and Brunch Spots in Melbourne
Top 3 Reasons to Go Vegan
- Reduce Climate Change
The United Nations states “Animal-based foods, especially red meat, dairy, and farmed shrimp, are generally associated with the highest greenhouse gas emissions’ production.”
- Save Animals
According to The Humane League UK, “It’s estimated that going vegan saves on average one animal per day (many of these being smaller animals such as fishes).” and “…That’s around 30 animals a month, 365 animals a year, and thousands of animals in a single human lifetime.”
- Improve Your Health
The Mayo Clinic, in their News Network, states “There are many reasons for following a plant-based diet, but perhaps the most common is health benefits. A plant-based diet can reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and certain types of cancer.”
What you can do to help make your Veganuary journey successful:
- Register for Veganuary with Animals Australia to start your free Veganuary email journey with amazing tips, recipes, health news and more.
- Learn the facts about the animal industries, human health and the climate and why going vegan is a great way to improve your life
- Learn all about vegan food options in your city, in your local markets or online. Try cooking some delicious vegan food as well.
- Learn to cook with fresh vegetables. Eat more fruits. Try cooking some delicious vegan food with free vegan recipes online or with vegan cookbooks.
- Share your love for good vegan food with your friends and family. Support the vegan restaurants and cruelty-free companies.
- Share your Veganuary successes and fun, vegan dining experiences on your social media.
- Volunteer at animal sanctuaries and animal shelters or at organizations that help animals and the environment.